Civil Engineering Co-op Student
City : Regina
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Civil Engineering Co-op Student - ( 2300052A )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec has an opportunity for Civil Engineering Interns (8-month) to join our Saskatoon Infrastructure Team starting in May 2024.
Your Key Responsibilities
Providing support to both our Saskatoon and Regina offices, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with transportation planning, highway geometric design, and traffic engineering studies and reports.
- Preparing CAD drawings, assisting with drawing revisions and edits.
- Assisting with contract document preparation and quantities.
- Providing survey support for preliminary activities, construction support, and hydraulic surveys.
- Assisting with site inspections, bridge inspections, and culvert inspections.
- Preparing technical and status reports.
Your Capabilities & Credentials
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- A high degree of problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Motivated, eager to learn and grow, not afraid to take on new responsibilities and work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word and Excel is required.
- Experience with a variety of CAD software is an asset.
- Experience in a heavy construction setting is an asset.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
Education and Experience
- Must be currently enrolled in a recognized post-secondary program working towards a bachelor’s degree or master’s in civil engineering.
- Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Organization : BC-1110 Transpt-CA Saskatchewan
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 21, 2023, 1:44:58 PM
Req ID: 2300052A
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans