Civil Engineer, Land Development / Municipal Engineering
City : Summerside, PE
Category : T&I - Land Development & Municipal Engineering
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Municipal Engineer to join our Infrastructure team, located at our Summerside office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for the preparation of engineering reports, documents, and drawings involving the planning, analysis and design of Municipal infrastructure projects.
- Design of linear infrastructure and land development projects
- Coordinate the preparation of drawings required for approvals, prepare development and construction cost estimates;
- Contribute to the cost effective, proper and timely production of engineering designs, that meet all client and approval agency requirements and standards;
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved;
- Provide construction support and/or administration for municipal projects as required;
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to CAD operators and junior technical staff;
- Provide Quality Management by ensuring quality procedures are followed for drawings and reports;
- Develop and maintain ongoing client relationships;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- 6+ years’ experience in the design of municipal infrastructure and/or transportation projects;
- Municipal engineering background (land development, municipal road reconstructions, multidiscipline);
- P.Eng. designation in Prince Edward Island a must;
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.