City : Vancouver
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Civil Engineer - ( 230003D4 )
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there’s no end to the scope and significance of your work — and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we’re problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful.
Join an integrated team that is working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world. Our team works on diverse industry areas such as generation – thermal, hydropower and other renewable sources of energy, transmission and distribution, oil and gas, and mining.
Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $9B company and have the agility of a specialized group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. You’ll find yourself working with leaders in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Integrated Design seeks a Civil Engineer to perform various types of civil designs, lead diverse and challenging projects & play an integral part in our growth. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a strong interdisciplinary team that works on a variety of unique and exciting Energy & Resources projects across North America and offers an excellent career development opportunity. This position is fully remote .
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs/Reviews earthworks design for cut/fill optimization, site grading and stormwater drainage design, access roads and crossing design;
- Prepares/Reviews stormwater management plans including design of retention and detention ponds and controlled discharge outlets;
- Develops/Reviews Stormwater Management Reports and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) to support regulatory permits;
- Performs/Reviews stormwater management design, hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, on-site and off-site stormwater management designs and perform pre-development and post development stormwater analysis;
- Performs erosion and sedimentation control designs and implements Best Management Practices (BMPs);
- Develops and prepares reports, planning studies, specifications, detailed design drawings, and construction submittal reviews calculations, models and other technical deliverables;
- Prepares/Reviews Civil MTOs, project cost estimates, bid documentation and performs bid evaluation;
- Coordinates with project manager, discipline leads, inter-discipline teams, high value engineering centers, clients, regulatory entities, vendors and sub-contractors;
- Functions as discipline lead on projects and manages project scope, budget, schedule, resources and leads change management; and
- Leads and contributes to the development of proposals; and
- Ensures quality assurance and quality control on the project
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong understanding of civil earthworks, grading and stormwater drainage design including environmental and geotechnical requirements;
- Working knowledge of Civil3D and other civil design and modeling software.
- Experience with hydraulic/hydrology modeling software such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM.
- Experience in the design of civil infrastructure such as site planning, roads, drainage, grading, earthworks, containments, deep excavations, ponds, storm water management and erosion and sedimentation control water systems, sanitary sewer systems and other municipal infrastructure.
- Experience with water systems, storm and sanitary sewer systems and other municipal infrastructure an asset
- Conversant with regulatory codes, design codes and standards, best management practices, permit requirements and construction practices;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizations skills and aptitude for problem solving.
- Demonstrates accountability, commitment and excellent work attitude.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering along with 6-10 years of related experience.
- Registration with as a PE or P.Eng. is required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Ontario-Sudbury, Canada-Alberta-Red Deer, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Ontario-Markham
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1554 E&R BOU-CA Integrated Design
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 18, 2023, 6:39:44 AM
Req ID: 230003D4
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans