City : Vancouver
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Civil EIT - ( 240000KN )
When faced with an impasse, do you look to bridge the gap? Our Bridges Team does too. From local bridge rehabilitations that support our communities to iconic bridge designs that define a region, our opportunities will connect you to your career goals.
The role of a Civil EIT is to work as a team member on small and large projects under the guidance of a Project Supervisor/ Engineer. The Civil EIT will work under close supervision of a Project Supervisor/ Engineer to develop skills in engineering services of road and bridge construction.
A Civil EIT will perform a variety of tasks which may include assisting with the plans and designs of roads and structures, monitor site activities, verify on-site testing, and contract administration.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses knowledge of the general concepts of relevant civil engineering elements including the design of roadways, drainage, grading, water and sewer and land development projects.
- Assists team in preparing reports conducts basic calculations and performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of civil design.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and any other relevant design software and knowledge of calculations performed by the software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & EIT. Minimum of 0-2 years of experience. Co-op/Internship experience preferred.
- Position will primarily work in field office on site.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- Lower Mainland $62,800/BC Other Areas $59,200 - Lower Mainland $87,900/BC Other Areas $82,900 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC (Lower Mainland includes Vancouver & Burnaby)
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops, Canada-British Columbia-Prince George
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 5, 2024, 11:54:29 AM
Req ID: 240000KN
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans