City : Markham
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Civil Designer - ( 230003D7 )
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there’s no end to the scope and significance of your work — and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we’re problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful.
Join an integrated team that is working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world. Our team works on diverse industry areas such as generation – thermal, hydropower and other renewable sources of energy, transmission and distribution, oil and gas, and mining.
Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $9B company and have the agility of a specialized group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. You’ll find yourself working with leaders in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Integrated Design is looking for a talented Civil Designer to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a strong interdisciplinary team that works on a variety of unique and exciting Energy & Resources projects across North America and offers an excellent career development opportunity. This position is fully remote.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develops grading and drainage design models using Civil 3D or InRoads program to assist in development of 2D plan and profiles, cross-sections and earthwork volumes;
- Prepares preliminary and detail design engineering drawings for site grading, drainage, earthworks, underground conveyance systems, roads, ponds, containment, excavations etc.;
- Performs civil quantities take-off / MTOs using Civil 3D program and spreadsheets;
- Performs vehicle turn or swept path analysis using AutoTURN software;
- Performs model checks and drawing design checks for others work as part of QA/QC procedure;
- Performs inter-discipline coordination;
- Provides inputs to job-hour estimate, schedule and change orders;
- Attend model review, team meetings and client meetings, as required;
- Adheres to CAD standards and follows quality guidelines;
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency using AutoCAD and Civil 3D Software. Experience with InRoads and other CAD software is an asset.
- Ability to work with Navisworks, BlueBeam, BIM 360/Projectwise is an asset.
- Understanding of civil engineering design concepts for grading, drainage, earthworks and roads.
- Solid understanding of coordinate systems.
- Excellent understanding of requirements and application of client CAD standards.
- Able to manage multiple projects.
- Strong communication, coordination, time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to remain focused.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
Education and Experience
- Civil engineering technician / technology diploma from a recognized community college or the ability to demonstrate sufficient knowledge received from previous experience in a similar position.
- 6 to 10 years of experience in engineering consulting or the construction industry.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Sudbury, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Alberta-Red Deer
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1554 E&R BOU-CA Integrated Design
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 18, 2023, 6:44:57 AM
Req ID: 230003D7
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans