Civil 3D Designer, Rail & Transit
City : Toronto, ON
Category : T&I - Transportation Systems
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Civil 3D Designer, Rail & Transit to join our Transportation Systems team located in any city across Canada
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Completing interim quality spot checks on Civil 3D BIMs.
- Act as the designer regarding client’s Civil 3D standards and procedures.
- Provide quality control check of drawings prepared by others prior to each submission to the client.
- Prepare drawing sets to be submitted to clients as reference documents or as part of formal reports/submissions.
- Establish and foster relationships with clients and develop key contacts with clients and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate strategic planning in the implementation and transition to other design platforms (e.g. 3D model space, BIM).
- Assist and coordinate preparation of detailed design for civil engineering infrastructure projects.
- Prepare drawings from detailed notes and specifications for consistency.
- Design drainage and utilities provision for development, urban regeneration and transportation projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- A University Degree in Engineering (Civil Engineering preferred) with 2+ years’ experience.
- Demonstrated Experience in Civil 3D
- Experience in preparing preliminary and detailed design drawings.
- Experience converting existing scanned or hardcopy drawings to electronic format by efficient use of scanning/tracing.
- Knowledge in importing 2D electronic files into 3D CAD design environment.
- Experience developing utility and linear infrastructure plan and profile designs and other civil drawings using field surveyor notes.
- Experience working with rail and transit projects considered an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience, competence in clear, concise, and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers, and staff.
- Strategic, conceptual analytical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change.
- Experience in a Consulting Engineering environment is an asset.