Chinese Associate Producer- OMNI News
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : News
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
OMNI Television, Canada’s only multilingual and multicultural television station is seeking a passionate, team-oriented and news-savvy Associate Producer to work with our Chinese team in Ontario.
Reporting to the Producer, the Associate Producer will demonstrate strong knowledge of daily local, national and international news, as well as specific insights into news impacting Canada’s Chinese diaspora. Fluent in both written and spoken Mandarin and Cantonese, the successful candidate will split their day between overseeing story rollout for national programs and contributing content to OMNI’s regional Chinese shows. The AP is expected to demonstrate sound editorial judgment, exceptional communication skills, and the leadership skills required to provide feedback and guidance to reporters in the field.
What you will bring...
- Work with reporters and assignment desk to develop story ideas of national interest.
- Guide and support reporters in the field.
- Work with news counterparts across regions, languages, and departments to collaborate on ideas and content.
- When required, chase, book or interview guests.
- Vet story copy and final edits before on-air delivery.
- Write stories for daily regional broadcast.
- Review shows and provide feedback to stakeholders.
- Backfill show producer as required.
- Other duties as required.
What you will bring...
- Proven experience working in an editorial capacity in a newsroom.
- Fluent in written and spoken Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Experience writing, producing and/or reporting broadcast news content.
- Field experience an asset.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and deliver under tight deadlines.
- Superior communication, writing, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including knowledge of newsroom computer software.
- Degree or diploma in journalism or broadcasting (or equivalent experience).
- A team-focused attitude.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers.
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”.
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.).
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 287166
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media