Children Arts and Craft Instructor Quilting – Toronto/East York District (Toronto, ON, CA)
City : Toronto
Category : Arts
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Important: Do not apply to this job opportunity if you are a returning City of Toronto employee, instead please complete an online scheduling form.
The Community Recreation Branch is responsible for the delivery of high-quality, community-based recreation programs and services to the diverse neighbourhoods of Toronto. We provide a variety of programs that promote the social and physical development for people of all ages, with an emphasis on children and youth. The Community Recreation Branch strives to ensure Toronto residents have positive recreational experiences that enhance quality of life and contribute to lifelong active living.
|Job Type:||Temporary, Part-time|
|Number of Positions:||TBD|
|Division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Section:||PFR CR Community Recreation|
|Posting End Date:||07/15/2023|
Note: Please indicate your area of specialty when applying and on your resume.
I.e., Pottery, Cartooning, Photography, Woodworking, Watercolour, Drawing Anime, Landscape, Portrait, Art Attack, Urban Art Drawing and Painting, Young Master, Art Techniques, Oil Painting, Art Pack, Junior Artist, Acrylic Painting, Animation, Painting, Young Artist, Sr. Artist, Drawing and Sketching, Clay Modeling, Graphic Computers Art
- Plans, organizes, implements and instructs Arts and Crafts programs for children in a specified medium (including but not limited to basic Art and Crafts, Popsicle Sticks, Scrap Crafts, Drawing and Finger Painting).
- Prepares lesson plans based on program curriculum prior to the start of the program session.
- Ensures necessary supplies and equipment list is provided prior to start of session to the appropriate supervisor.
- Ensures that the appropriate supplies and equipment are in place and operational before the start of each class.
- Ensures that the supplies and equipment are cleaned and stored away after use.
- Trains, oversees and evaluates Assistant Art Instructors or volunteers assigned to the program.
- Interacts with the public and all internal staff to provide program information.
- Adheres to all policy and safety guidelines as outlined in the Part Time Recreation Workers Handbook and all relevant policy and procedure manuals.
- Performs administrative tasks necessary to support the program (i.e. attendance, incident and accident reports).
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs. Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Demonstrated ability to teach appropriate age group, demonstrated artistic ability (portfolio), leadership training or volunteer experience
- Formal training and experience or post secondary qualifications in a related field is an asset.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). This is a mandatory course that will be provided to you at no cost upon obtaining a conditional offer of employment. You will be provided with course dates and details at that time.
We thank all applicants for their submission. Only candidates who are selected for next steps will be contacted. Be sure to check your email regularly, including junk/spam mail folders, and log in to your profile to see the status of your application under Jobs Applied.
Accommodation: If you are an individual who requires accommodation, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the Requisition ID and the job title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.
Vulnerable Sector Check: One of the requirements for working with children and vulnerable adults is applicants providing the results of a Vulnerable Sector Check. For Recreation Worker positions, we are only able to consider candidates who obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check. Once an applicant is given a conditional offer of employment, we will obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check for applicants who reside within the City of Toronto. Applicants who reside outside of the City of Toronto will need to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check from their local Police Service. For further information on the vulnerable sector screening, please contact your local Police Service.