Chief Tax Advisor
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Wealth management
Employer : National Bank
A career as an expert in taxation, retirement and estate at National Bank Financial (NBF) primarily involves supporting NBF investment advisors and their colleagues in the context of ad hoc requests, by providing them with general or specific information. The sector's mission is to offer high quality services in taxation, retirement and estate.
- Collaborate and offer technical support (email, Teams, telephone) in matters of taxation, retirement and estate to NBF investment advisors and respond to complex requests from stakeholders within tight deadlines.
- Conduct research and guide advisors in resolving their problems and refer them to external experts if necessary.
- Write and continually update numerous documents related to taxation, retirement and estate in order to support the NBF investment advisors and their team and ensure an effective classification method.
- Maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and collaborate as an expert consultant.
- Manage several complex files with tight deadlines in a constantly changing and widely regulated environment.
- Exceptionally participate in client meetings relating to in-depth and diversified analyzes on specific and complex aspects with the participation of the client relationship manager (investment advisor).
- Understand business issues, evaluate and identify the needs of stakeholders in matters of taxation, retirement and estate and propose adapted solutions to support the achievement of activities and objectives while taking into account the diversity of files.
- Work closely with your team to deploy the offer in line with market trends.
- If necessary, provide training to NBF investment advisors and other stakeholders in tax, retirement and estate matters so that they can better advise their clients.
- Participate in various committees that require a high level of expertise in taxation, retirement and estate.
- Monitor and constantly keep abreast of the various legislative changes relating to taxation, retirement and estate in order to propose the necessary adjustments.
- Participate in budgetary meetings (federal and Quebec) and write summaries for investment advisor clients.
- Act as a leader in your area of expertise.
- Contribute to the improvement and development of work processes.
- Ensure corporate risk management in the context of files.
- Identify business opportunities.
- University degree in a relevant field (law, accounting, actuarial science, finance, economics, etc.).
- Master’s degree or postgraduate diploma specialized in taxation (M. Fisc, D. Fisc, LL.M-taxation, DESS-taxation) or having successfully completed the ICCA “in-depth” course.
- 10 years of professional experience.
- Knowledge in particular of the field of wealth management, financial products, pension plans, retirement, estate, personal income tax, death tax and corporate tax.
- Ability to practically resolve a wide range of complex and ambiguous difficulties and situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex concepts relating to taxation, retirement and estate in a simple, complete and practical manner.
- Good organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, teamwork
- Financial planning designation/accreditation (Financial Planning Institute or FP Canada).
- TEP title
- Knowledge of Common Law
Your benefits In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options;
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic