Chief System Administrator
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Information technology
Employer : National Bank
A career as a chief system Administrator in the team of Electronic Trading Technology at National Bank is to act as an expert in all things hardware and operating systems as it pertains to algorithmic trading. This job allows you to have a positive impact on the organization through your experience of using a wide variety of technologies including Linux & FPGA that keep us at peak performance.
- Realise the full performance potential of our server hardware.
- Identify the latest technologies that can keep us ahead of the competition.
- Deliver the most efficient solutions based on a specification from our business.
- Ensure we adhere to best practises in all existing and new deployments.
- Observe and monitor our full technology stack.
- Take part in team calls that help direct our daily, weekly and monthly goals.
Within the Financial Markets sector, you are part of a team of 70 colleagues, and you report to our Director of low latency trading platforms. Our team stands out for its ability to work together very closely to support a full technology stack. The position is located in Toronto and we ultimately aim to offer you maximum flexibility and quality of life. This notably means a hybrid work environment, as well as adaptable working hours.
Our training programs use on-the-job learning to help you master your role. You can access personalized training content on such topics as Linux or networking to support your ongoing learning. You’ll also have access to colleagues with a wide range of expertise, experience and backgrounds to enrich all aspects of your development.
- 5 years of relevant experience; OR Bachelor's degree and 3 years of relevant experience; OR Master's degree and 1 year of relevant experience.
- Advanced Linux skills with RedHat exposure a bonus. RHCSA/RHCE certifications are a good gauge of the skill level required.
- Excellent communicator; we frequently need to liaise with other technology support teams and 3rd party vendors so extremely clear and accurate descriptions are a must.
- Experience managing and maintaining server hardware including HPE, Dell and custom built servers.
- Exposure to FPGA PCIe hardware is desired.
- Exposure to financial markets, trading and / or trading technology is a plus.
Your benefits In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic