Chief Enterprise Architect
City : Montréal, QC
Category : Global - Information Technologies
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
In collaboration with the WSP’s business and IT leadership, and the support of domain architects (Business, information, solution, technical and other), you will lead, prioritize, and develop WSP’s overall enterprise architecture approach and roadmap to drive the harmonization and simplification of our business systems, platforms, technologies, and processes. You will facilitate the decision-making process and provide recommendations on initiatives to help the organization drive business strategic outcomes and achieve our transformation objectives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in life
- Reporting directly to the CIO, leads the creation and maturing of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) practice.
- Translates and executes business strategy to achieve the WSP’s targeted business outcomes by leading the development of an implementation roadmap for the enterprise architecture.
- Owns of the Design Authority (DA) and acts as the guard of EA, ensuring alignment with WSP Architecture Principles
- Leads the DA process, governance, and execution with respect to solution architecture, integration planning, configuration management, and roadmap convergence
- Challenges innovation and ensure use of best practices in new project propositions
- Monitors technological changes and advancements to discover how WSP can gain competitive advantage
- Ensures the core EA team works closely with extended EA team members across the organization.
- Plans and manages a talent pool of domain architects that works with EA and non-EA related disciplines to deliver the goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Facilitates business and IT alignment through a collaborative, supportive and consultative manner, driving the organization’s digital business strategies and balancing innovation and growth.
- Leads and facilitates interaction with business leaders, product managers and product owners in a business-driven conversation of the product decision to the line of business, business unit and greater enterprise.
- Collaborates with delivery teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to leverage shared technologies, tools and processes that impact speed to value.
- Collaborates with infrastructure teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture.
We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, system analysis or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ten or more years of business experience in strategic and operations planning and/or business analysis.
- Ten or more years of experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment.
- Experience in Engineering/Professional Services industry
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), service-oriented architecture (SOA), APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
- Knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting, and risk management.
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, agile and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, EA and ITIL frameworks.
- Understanding of existing, new, and emerging technologies, and processing environments.
- Strong leadership skills with exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Strong consulting skills such as targeted communications, engagement management, stakeholder management and business development.
- Knowledge of all components of enterprise architecture, business and IT principles and processes.
- Able to understand and architect pragmatically at the intersection of business and technology needs.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.