Chief Advisor Financial Market Infrastructures
City : Montreal
Category : Regular Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : National Bank
National Bank is currently undergoing the most significant technological transformation in its history and has many career opportunities to offer. As a Chief Advisor, Financial Market Infrastructures Expert, you will be reporting to the Senior Manager of Financial Markets Business Operational Strategy, Resilience and Risk Management. Our team has the responsibility to support Financial Markets business line in facilitating new business growth initiatives in compliance with risk and regulatory frameworks and managing operational risk across all businesses from an end-to-end perspective.
Being a chief advisor means acting as an expert who maintains a robust governance framework and relationship management of our financial market infrastructures (FMI) and supports the business lines in third party risk management initiatives. You should have a good understanding of FMIs, third-party management and regulations to facilitate business FMI strategies. You are responsible to ensure we adhere to FMI membership rules, industry evolutions and regulatory requirements. Having a good understanding of financial markets and end-to-end banking processes is beneficial for the role.
- Maintain and optimize a comprehensive governance framework to manage the Bank’s Financial Market Infrastructures (FMI)
- Act as subject matter expert on FMI for internal stakeholders
- Act as relationship management contact with the Bank’s FMIs and represent the bank in industry committees
- Keep apprised of industry initiatives and developments around FMI and annex regulatory landscape
- Coordinate the Bank’s response to evolving FMI membership rules, operational and financial requirements
- Assure compliance to Regulatory requests around access and usage of FMIs, including in the context of OSFI/CDIC Recovery and Resolution frameworks
- Present to senior/executive management on operational risks stemming from current usage of FMIs or expected changes
- Lead onboarding of new FMI accesses or related third-party services to support the Bank’s ecosystem and delivery of new products and activities
- Mitigate risk by socialize mandate with business lines stakeholders on roles, responsibilities, processes and issues
The team works in an environment where you can excel and collaborate with all sectors at the Bank. You will have the opportunity to learn and develop within a team that encourages transparent communication and promotes integrity, and respect for individuals. You will be part of a dynamic, innovative team where management practices foster a good work/life balance.
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer hybrid work (remote and in the office), work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance and flexible leave that you can take when it’s important to you.
- A completed bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field and 7 to 10 years' experience in Financial Markets, risk management, or relevant experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Proven competencies to lead and manage complex files and projects.
- Ability to adapt quickly and positively to a rapidly evolving work environment.
- Bilingualism (English and French) required, as you will frequently interact with service providers or partners who speak a language other than French
- Experience in Financial Market Infrastructures or with regulators
- Knowledge of the Financial Markets sector
- Experience in operational/third-party/information technology risk analysis
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first :
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?