City : Guelph
Category : Full-time Salaried
Industry : *Allied Health Professionals
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Chaplain, you will be an integral part of a collaborative team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. In this role you will provide spiritual/religious/emotional support and pastoral counselling on the basis of need to patients, family, staff and volunteers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide individual spiritual care and grief counselling and support to patients, families and staff
- Provide facilitation of groups for spirituality and grief
- Ensure that pastoral care program activities are designed for the specific needs and abilities of the patients
- Provide crisis support for patients and families
- Collaborate in the scheduling, development and facilitation of groups as assigned
- Assist teams with handling death and dying and provide support for palliative patients and their families, based on best practices and the Hospice Palliative Care Model as applicable
- Attend clinical and interdisciplinary team meetings, contributing to the team regarding interactions with patients and families
- Document in patients’ charts progress notes according to documentation standards
What we’re looking for:
- Theological degree at Master’s level
- A member of the Canadian Association for Spiritual care (CASC) and Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Endorsed by a Faith Group/Denomination
- Experience with Interfaith or Multi-faith engagement
- Knowledge of types of therapy interventions including CBT, DBT, mindfulness
- Group Facilitation experience
- May include occasional evenings or weekends/holidays as required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.