Change Management Specialist, Rail & Transit
City : Toronto, ON
Category : T&I - Transportation Systems
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Change Management Specialists, Rail & Transit to join our Transportation Systems team located in a WSP office in GTA. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position will be responsible for developing strong finance and change management programs and functions to support major pursuits and projects. This position involves extensive contact with the client third party agencies and project staff.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy & Hybrid return to work policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada with opportunities to contribute to impactful projects locally and internationally.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists and Engineers regarding project and program changes as well as reporting requirements at the program level.
- Facilitate the change management process and assist with forecasting for the project schedule and cost impacts.
- Analyze the possible change impact on the program and coordinate with the cost lead to report on the change status.
- Conduct impact analyses and escalate the change analysis treats to the project team.
- Develop and maintain a change registry log to track, register, and report status and issues.
- Conduct meetings with client to facilitate and address comments to change forms.
- Assist in developing the estimate spend profile for projects and coordinate with the scheduler and cost lead regarding how it will be monitored (actual spent vs planned cost).
- Support the development of the schedule to monitor and control the program and allocation of project resources based on control accounts by analyzing the actual Labour working to date.
- Implement work authorization releases (WAR) by coordinating with the project manager, validating the budget allocation per tasks and baseline the cost to reflect the WAR.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- A University Degree in Engineering (Civil Engineering preferred) with 5+ years’ experience.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams of project professionals; concurrently managing issues, scope and quality while bringing projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
- Familiarity with all commonly used project delivery models.
- Good knowledge in finance, accounting, and project management processes.
- Solid knowledge of project management methodologies, as well as experience in project management software, including scheduling applications such as Primavera and MS Projects, cost control systems, and on-line collaboration tools such as SharePoint.
- Strong business development and client management skills, negotiation techniques, and budget development.
- Experience in project planning, risk management, cost management and schedule management, and methods of analyzing and reporting project performance on financial.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including experience making presentations to senior management and clients.
- Ability to chair clients’ meetings and address concerns professionally.
Additional Qualifications ...
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) would be considered as an asset.
- Experience working with rail and transit projects considered an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience, competence in clear, concise, and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers, and staff
- Experience in a Consulting Engineering environment is an asset.