CE Mechanical Engineer
City : Toronto
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Mechanical Engineer, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations.
As a successful Critical Environment Mechanical Engineer your performance objectives include:
- A strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of data center activities
- Understand the design and functionality of your datacenter
- Work alongside a team of industry professionals across the Information Technology (IT) and Critical Environments (CE) spectrum to support 24x7x365 on-site datacenter operations and mechanical infrastructures.
- Act as the technical authority for on-site operations of large-scale mechanical systems and designs.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Design team to develop data center (DC) mechanical designs, starting from project conception to issue for construction (IFC) for new DC projects build outs and major infrastructure upgrades.
- Establish and coordinate maintenance & safety procedures, maintaining redundant high-capacity cooling systems; to operating and supporting datacenter backup electrical systems (diesel generators, rotary UPS, etc.)
- Steward vital infrastructure supporting deployments of Microsoft's online services.
- Assist with supplier selection and overseeing mechanical supplier execution
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values.? Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- 5+ years related technical engineering experience
- OR Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field AND 2+ years related technical engineering experience
- OR Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field AND 1+ years related technical engineering experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 8+ years related technical engineering experience
- OR Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years related technical engineering experience
- OR Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field AND 3+ years related technical engineering experience
- OR Doctorate degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field AND 1+ years related technical engineering experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
- The successful candidate currently has the ability to obtain Reliability Status screening from a duly authorized department or agency of the Government of Canada. This process includes but is not limited to:
- Verification of identity, background, education, professional credentials, personal and professional references, credit check and criminal background check.
- Reliability Status screening may also require a security questionnaire and security interview.
- To obtain the requisite clearance within required timelines, applicants must have five (5) years of continuous Canadian residency and must not have lived or worked outside of Canada for more than six (6) months during that time unless Microsoft is satisfied that the requisite clearance can nevertheless be obtained within required timelines.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.