Catering Supervisor – St Francis Xavier University (30109001)
City : Antigonish
Category : Full-time Customer Service
Industry : Consumer Services
Employer : Sodexo
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Management of food service staff – specifically wait staff during catered events
- Management of Delivery drivers – creating delivery schedules that coincide with time sensitive events
- Event Management – ensuring that staff are adhering to excellent customer service standards and following Food and Physical safety standards. Set up and tear down of onsite/ offsite special events.(Table Service and Buffet Settings) Carrying Dishes, Setting Tables maybe required.
- Co-ordinating with various departments on campus to ensure venues and events are prepared to clients expectations.
- Utilizing various computer software programs. (Microsoft Word, Excel, Email, Event Management software such as kX.)
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Assists in auditing, monitoring, and correction of physical and food safety practices
- Assists in the supervision of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities.
- Orients and trains employees.
- Performs clerical and administrative duties, posting/filing, organization of records, creation of signage and information material
- Onsite coordination of special events
- Working with team to create a customer oriented environment
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and problem resolution.
- -High School diploma or GED.
- -Hotel Restaurant Management or related post secondary an asset
- -Previous supervisory experience an asset
- -Experience working in a unionized environment an asset
- -Strong organizational, administrative, and time management skills
- -Computer Skills – Excel, Word, Email an asset, Event Management Software (ie kX.)
- Additional Information:
- Position requires the candidate to work days, nights, and weekends on a regular basis.
- Long Periods of Standing during events
- Walking moderate distances
- Lifting up to 50lbs may be required.
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs