City : Saint John
Category : Retail
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada with 48 locations from Saint John, New Brunswick to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and many towns and cities in between. We owe our success to our exceptional customer service, superior selection of home building supplies, and our commitment to protecting our customers and staff by hiring and training associates dedicated to our safety values. Our culture thrives thanks to the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in, our focus on diversity in the workplace, our commitment to our employees through training and development programs and our focus on creating an aligned and engaged workforce across our locations.
An opportunity currently exists for an individual who would like a career in retail purchasing. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit with interest in negotiation and product management, please apply for this position.
- Develop and execute a business plan that maximizes sales and profitability of your product categories. This includes among others; budgeting, marketing/flyer strategies, pricing strategies and merchandising strategies.
- Analysis of product and category performance
- Sourcing new products and vendors (tradeshows, vendor visits, on-line presentations)
- Negotiate vendor agreements (Kent & Buying Group)
- Develop strong vendor relationships
- Identify and analyze market trends
- Forecast sales and purchases
- Provide store associates with service and information
- Self starter
- Strong negotiator
- Excellent communicator
- Focus driven
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Systematic thinker
- Well organized
- Problem solver
- Result oriented
- Detail oriented
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. #LI-JM2