Casual Operator – Highway Maintenance
City : White River, ON; Wawa, ON; Hilton, Ontario; Batchawana, Ontario; Agawa, Ontario; Blind River, ON; Sault Ste. Marie, ON; Iron Bridge, Ontario; Hornepayne, Ontario; Thessalon, ON; Goulais River, ON; Bruce Mines, ON
Category : Part time Equipment Operation
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:Are you tired of being on the road? Looking to be home at night and to be a bigger part of your community? Ledcor Highway Maintenance has long-term stable career opportunities. With guaranteed long-term contracts of at least 7 years in length, Ledcor offers you the stability and the chance to make long-term plans all while being part of a great team dedicated to safe operations and keeping our highways and communities safe.
We are looking for enthusiastic and team-oriented people to join our team that helps keep our Ontario provincial Highways safe. You have an AZ or DZ license and a desire to work for an industry leading employer and great community-minded organization. We offer industry-leading wages, excellent training, and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company. You will be responsible for winter and seasonal maintenance of Ontario highways using various heavy equipment.
Click on the link below to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join the Ledcor Highway Maintenance team in various locations across the Greater Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario area.
· Operate snowplow trucks, wheel loaders, and other heavy equipment as required
· Maintain Ontario Provincial Highways year-round, including assisting with Labourer duties (pothole repair, guardrail repair, bridge and signage cleaning, hazard remediation, etc.)
· Work outside in all weather conditions
· Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks
· Must possess a valid AZ or DZ driver’s license with air endorsement
· Must provide a copy of a 3-year driver’s abstract
· Previous experience operating a snowplow truck and/or wheel loader is a strong asset
· Applicants that reside in Hornepayne, Agawa, Batchawana, Goulais River, Hinkler Lake, Blind River, Iron Bridge, Hilton Beach, Thessalon, Wawa, and White River, will be given preference due to the location of the work
· As we respond to various weather patterns, some shift work, on-call, and night shift will be required
· Seasonal work from September to May and you will be working on an on-call basis