Casual Campus Safety Attendant
City : Guelph
Category : Other
Industry : Education and Research
Employer : University of Guelph
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Casual Campus Safety Attendant
University of Guelph, Ridgetown Campus
Please apply by emailing email@example.com and sending your:
- Cover Letter
Reporting to the Manager, Campus Safety, the position of Campus Safety Attendant will be part of our team with a goal of keeping our Ridgetown Campus community safe. This is an ideal position for someone who likes working in a fast-paced team environment, has a flexible schedule and a strong desire to help others.
Do you qualify? Requirements for this position include:
- Completion of secondary school education
- Security Guard Licence (preferred)
- Valid G Driver’ Licence
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must exercise sound judgement when responding to information queries, ensuring that appropriate referrals are made.
- Accurate recall, decision making under stressful situations
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written communication are essential
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Conducting regular tours of the campus, responding to staff, student and visitor inquiries and needs acting as the first point of contact for safety and security issues, including but not limited to vandalism, broken equipment and emergencies)
- Building surveillance and monitoring campus by conducting regular tours of the campus and keeping a vigilant eye out for suspicious activities, security breaches or safety hazards.
- Enforcing campus policies and regulations, including parking regulations, smoking policies, and building access rules. This may include issuing warnings or citations for violations and educating community members on the importance of compliance.
- Providing assistance and customer service by serving as a resource for the campus community, providing assistance and information to students, faculty, staff, and visitors by answering questions, giving directions, and addressing concerns in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Documenting incidents and maintaining accurate records of incidents, accidents, or security-related events that occur on campus.
- Collaborating with law enforcement agencies, providing support and assistance when needed by communicating and cooperating with police officers, sharing information, and providing assistance in investigations when necessary.
Campus Safety Attendants should be well-trained, knowledgeable about emergency procedures, and capable of handling various situations that may arise on a university campus.
This position requires evening and midnight shifts and work on weekends and statutory holidays as the work unit provides service 24 hours per day and seven days per week.
Candidates selected following initial review must complete and be able to pass: First Aid, CPR and AED Certification ‘safeTALK’ (Suicide – Alert Training); ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training); Mental Health First Aid Certification; Violent Threat Assessment Training and references checks before final selection of employment.
Hourly rate $20.24 – $22.61 per hour
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.