City : North York
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
About the Role
The candidate will be a member of a team within Data Management Services (DMS) called No SQL Alternative Database Technologies. Alternative Database Technologies is responsible for database infrastructure architecture and operation support to teams using various cloud based and on-premise database platforms. The successful candidate will have a passion for database related technologies and is a proven fast learner.
This role requires Canadian Enhanced Reliability Security clearance [a minimum of 5 years of consecutive residency in Canada].
What will you do?
- Setup, deploy and maintain AWS Keyspaces (Apache Cassandra) databases and administration, including but not limited to, perform user & role management in NoSQL, backup/restore etc.
- Participate in projects throughout the entire project lifecycle, and define, manage, and track project deliverables using defined technologies
- Maintain up-to-date documentation and procedures for NoSQL and other supported database platforms
- Keep up to date on current and upcoming technology innovations for use within Sunlife
- Develop scripts to support the database operations on Linux, Unix or cloud-based platforms
- Support project development following documented standards, policies and procedures (Change Management Process)
- Evaluate functionality and features within related database products
- Contribute ideas for best practice improvements, process improvement, and innovative solutions
What you need to succeed:
- University degree in Computer Science or related information technology degree/diploma
- Must have hands-on experience in setting up Cassandra cluster
- Must have experience in monitoring, performance tuning and managing Cassandra cluster
- 2+ years of hands-on NoSQL administration/development experience
- 3+ years of experience in cloud native database technologies, i.e.: AWS Keyspaces, AWS RDS, Redshift or etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with multiple platforms and types of data repositories (Relational, NOSQL, Datawarehouse, OLAP, OLTP etc.)
- Proven Linux/Unix experiences, including expert shell scripting experiences
- Experience/familiarity with the operations and maintenance of production database systems
- Understanding of schema design (relational and data warehouse), index design, operation optimization, query (or explain) plans
- Experienced in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using different Utilities
- A faster learner with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
What would you be nice to have:
- A current AWS certification (Associate level at minimum) is preferred
What’s in it for you:
- Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the US - 2022
- Great Place to Work® award for Best Workplaces for #HybridWork
- 2022 Named “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor - 2021
- Canada Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work
- 2021 Flexible hybrid work model including in-country work-from-home if you prefer.
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:58,700/58 700 - 93,900/93 900
Job Category:IT - Technology Services
Posting End Date:29/11/2022