Carpenter Helper / Skilled Labourer
City : Vancouver, BC; Kitimat, BC
Category : Full time Labourer
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:We are seeking experienced Carpenter Helpers / Skilled Labourers for a LNG construction project. You will be an integral part of the Ledcor team who prides themselves on safety. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.
Apply now and join the Ledcor team in Kitimat!
- Perform tasks on the labour crew to support everyday operations
- Provide general clean up and ongoing monitoring and maintenance of work area
- Conduct groundwork, loading and unloading materials
- Act as a spotter for equipment operators
- Assisting Carpenters and Concrete Finishers
- Work collaboratively with all team members
- Ensures that work is completed within deadlines
- Communicate work progress and safety performance to the site supervision
- Must be flexible with duties to support project requirements
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years civil construction experience
- Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks as needed and stand for extended periods of time
- Previous experience assisting Carpenters and Concrete Finisher is an asset
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Successful candidates will require CSTS 2020, CSO or BSO and WHMIS 2015
- Experienced applicants that reside in Kitimat, BC or surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 14 days on / 7 days off rotational shift, 10-hour work days
- Camp based accommodation provided for non-local candidates
- Travel allowance / flights provided from approved locations
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.