Care Concierge – Part Time
City : Burlington, Ontario
Category : Part time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Location:1450 Headon Road, Burlington, Ontario, L7M 3Z5
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Why this role is important?
The Care Concierge plays an integral role in seamlessly integrating the new pharmacy care clinic services into current offerings and improved pharmacy workflow as well as creating a positive experience for patients accessing pharmacy care clinic services.
The Care Concierge will receive, welcome, and check-in patients to the pharmacy care clinics for their pharmacy services appointments. This role will promote the PC Health app to patients, and coordinate with pharmacists on duty to ensure the pharmacy care clinic runs smoothly and support the Pharmacy Team in HealthWatch pharmacy assistant tasks such as data entry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a positive experience for patients accessing clinic services
- Seamlessly integrate the patient experience for new clinic services into current offerings and pharmacy workflow
- Great and welcome patients, complete patient bookings, check-ins, and checkouts.
- Encourage a welcoming atmosphere for patients
- Raise awareness of pharmacy care clinic services support available to patients. and answer their questions
- Set patient expectations as to process and wait times
- Help patients navigate the space and services
- Assist pharmacist / patients in filling out service forms, for example, consent forms
- Adhere to all confidentiality and privacy requirements
- Promote PC Health app to patients to increase its usage
- Coordinating schedules for pharmacy team
- Complete start of day / end of day checklists for the Care Clinic
- Check out and process payment pharmacy services not covered by OHIP
- Preparation and running of the pharmacy care clinic including maintaining accurate patient records (i.e., Healthwatch and MedMe)
Skills and qualifications:
- Experience working in a retail pharmacy, as a pharmacy assistant or previous experience working in a medical clinic, ideally a family practice clinic
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to consistently produce positive interactions with patients
- High professional standards and a strong track record of and commitment to maintaining patient confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both on the phone and in-person
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to make informed decisions
- Ability to identify patients who can benefit from pharmacy care clinic services support
- Ability to maintain composure and focus on the patient in challenging situations
- Proven ability to adhere to processes and procedures and strong detailed orientation
- Strong time management and organization skills and the ability to prioritize numerous tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook and a comfortable learning new systems/ software, technologies
- Work cross functionally with pharmacy team members to deliver exceptional customer service through teamwork and collaboration
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.