City : Surrey, BC, CA
Category : Laboratory Services
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
LifeLabs is looking for a Cardiac Technologist to join our team in Surrey, BC (7455 130th Street).
The Cardiology Technologist is primarily responsible for the cardiac diagnostic analysis of holter recordings. This includes monitoring of the recording for quality and identifying and resolving recorder and equipment related problems. The Cardiology Technologist also acts as a technical and diagnostic resource for ECGs and holters, and is involved in cardiac education.
This a Regular Part Time position working the following shifts:
Sunday - 7:30am - 3:30pm
- Performs accurate cardiac diagnostic analysis of Holter scans
- Monitors the quality of the study and recorders and resolves equipment related problems
- Receives, accessions, and distributes Holter reports
- Acts as a technical and diagnostic resource for PSC staff for Holter, and ECGS.
- Assists Cardiac Resource in providing ongoing cardiac education to the PSC staff.
- Assists Cardiac Resource in monitoring quality assurance for ECGs
- Performs team tasks as required to maintain effective team operations. Example of tasks may include:
- Updating protocols
- Ordering supplies
- Attending meetings (e.g.) safety, document control)
- Filing and other related duties
These tasks may be assigned by the team supervisor and/or be on a voluntary basis.
- Maintains confidentiality involving any information made available directly or indirectly about clients including physicians, patients, employees and the company.
- Observes and executes all laboratory safety and security policies and regulations; including location and use of safety equipment, evacuation routes, disposal of contaminated material.
- Maintains knowledge of safety/WHMIS and TDG procedures.
- Trains and orient of all team members.
- Assists in problem solving related to workflow and workstation organization and provides input, as required at team meetings.
- Participant in related team functions (i.e. team meetings, special projects, problem solving and decision making.)
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Diploma in Cardiology Technology from a recognized community college program
- Current registration with CSCT and OSCT
- BA or BSc in addition preferred
- 2 years recent experience in hospital, private Cardiac Lab with holter scanning on a retrospective scanning system
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Keyboard skills and typing speed of 40 wpm
- Demonstrated proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to all staff
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.