Canola Research Assistant – Winnipeg
City : Winnipeg
Category : Professional
Industry : Crop Science
Employer : Bayer
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Canola Research Assistant - Winnipeg
What you will do:
- Manage the day-to-day organization and maintenance of growth room projects including but not limited to seeding, transplanting, self & cross pollinating, harvesting & threshing
- Manage general plant care, disease and insect control in growth rooms
- Efficiently & effectively carryout all detailed record keeping, molecular marker tissue sampling, chemical spraying and other technical objectives
- Maintain tidiness & orderliness within the workplace
- Train temporary employees
- Work closely with other research staff to coordinate and implement process improvements
- Participate in task-related document creation and process review for job-related activities
- Maintain QMS & safety standards
- Assist in projects as required
This is a 12-month term position, on-site at our Winnipeg Berry St. location.
Who you are:
- Degree or diploma in agricultural/biological science or related field or equivalent
- Agriculture industry experience is an asset
- Growth Room experience is preferred
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 30Ibs (bag of seed/Soil)
- Pesticide Application license or ability to attain
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary research team
- Highly motivated, results oriented, with the ability to work with people individually or in a team to gain commitment to achieve those results
- Possess strong ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize daily tasks
- Flexible attitude and ability to learn new procedures
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise and actionable manner
- Strong computer literacy, with experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint (Sharepoint is an asset)
This position requires full vaccination against COVID-19.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards package
- Collaborative, diverse and inclusive culture
- Career development and global opportunities
- Work-life flexibility programs such as flex hours, employee discounts, volunteer days, wellness, and other employee offerings
Bayer is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of Inclusion and Diversity. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences and believe that our people are our most valuable asset. The collective sum of individual life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities that our employees invest in their work represents our culture, reputation, and Bayer’s values and purpose.
Learn more about our values and purpose at: https://www.bayer.com/en/ca/canada-our-purpose-values
All referral candidates must first be submitted via our internal referral system by a current Bayer employee in order to participate in the referral program. Once a Bayer employee has successfully referred you in our system, you will receive an automated email with instructions on how to complete your application.
Application Deadline: March 27, 2023
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process requiring accommodation due to a disability or medical need are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made.