Canadian Service Hub Material Planner
City : Calgary
Category : Full time Services
Industry : Oil and Gas Services
Employer : Baker Hughes
Canada Service Hub Material Planner
Are you an experienced Material Planner looking for a new opportunity?
Would you like the opportunity to further develop your career with a global energy technology company?
Join our Canadian Service Team!
At Baker Hughes our purpose is clear; We take energy forward making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Our IET team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy.
Partner with the best
This Planner will be responsible for facilitating transactions, producing, assembling and delivering replacement/ repair parts and equipment as part of a Services agreement or order. Includes activities such as material management (including ERP, transactions, processes, etc.), site operations, or warehouse logistics & shipping, sometimes in a shop structure. Contributes to the development of an operational year plan for own department activities of the team. Suggests improvements in products, processes, and procedures..
As the Service Hub Material Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Managing master planning, material processes and systems, prepare and update operations schedules and purchasing needs.
- Procuring and assure replenishment/quality of the consumable parts, unpacking/packing, quantity check and identify major findings, receiving transactions into ERP
- Assuring material receiving into the system and coordinate with CPM in case of missing quantity as well as storage and preservation of material into the shop
- Managing logistic, call the truck, and arrange shipping back to Kitimat, loading of container on the truck, unloading of container from the truck and position into roof
- Collaborating with buyer and technical team to obtain the best possible supplier performance in terms of supplier on-time delivery, quality, lead-time and flexibility.
- Managing inventory control through the ERP (SAP/Oracle) and identify opportunities for cost reduction and inventory control
- Taking the necessary action on slow moving inventory, support cycle counting and/or year-end inventory counting, analyze and take appropriate actions to optimize inventory performance excess
- Assigning and movement of material to the required job (WO creation, Move Order issue, WO completion)
- Oversee and process supplier complaints non-conformity issues (NCR) and assist with sourcing, quality, engineering, and operation to resolve supplier Quality issues.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( preferred) and 3+ yrs of experience in Materials Management.
- Have good interpersonal skills, inclusive working style and able to effectively interface with all levels of organization and customers
- Have proficiency in MS office functions including excel, word, PowerPoint, and outlook
- Have experience in Oracle ERP and SAP ERP
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working full time hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.