Canadian Funding Specialist
City : Burnaby
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Canadian Funding Specialist - ( 230003IH )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that makes a difference in communities across North America. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, Stantec’s 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
An opportunity exists for a successful candidate to join Stantec’s Canadian funding and grant program (the North America Funding Program) as part of our overall corporate business plan. In this role, you will be responsible for the research and identification of potential funding sources in collaboration with clients and team members, developing project budgets and plans, writing and reviewing grant proposals and reports, building relationships and communicating with government funding agencies at all levels of government, tracking and reporting on funding progress and outcomes, and staying up to date on industry trends and best practices in the Canadian funding market. Our comprehensive grant and funding program in Canada brings you into close contact with internal team members in one of Canada’s top Architectural and Engineering Firms. This position reports to and works collaboratively with the NAFP Canada Leads. As you join a network of funding specialists across North America, there will also be opportunities to grow with and learn from the US NAFP leads.
As an active member in Stantec’s collaborative model, the successful candidate is organized, methodical, an outstanding communicator both written and spoken, and works well with Stantec clients, our client account managers and regional business leaders, as well as Stantec’s team of architects, engineers, environmental scientists, and project managers across Canada. The right candidate will engage with key stakeholders in fund management and take the initiative to complete grant and funding applications with other funding and technical specialists. An ability to successfully navigate client relationships while delivering professional services is vital. You will help propel projects forward for organizations and communities across Canada through your work.
North America Funding Program (NAFP)
NAFP is a community of practice for more than 150 funding specialists who partner with our clients to research, strategize, apply for, and administer outside funding, predominantly government funding at the federal, regional, and municipal levels. Together, NAFP has secured over $6 billion in grants and loans for client projects. Our team has experience identifying, securing, and managing funding programs across Stantec’s five business lines in Buildings, Energy and Resources, Infrastructure, Environmental Services, and Water. NAFP possesses an excellent track record supporting clients across North America, with hundreds of client applications completed in the last five years.
Your Key Responsibilities
As part of a team of specialists supported by Stantec’s research and market intelligence and marketing teams, your assignments will include the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of funding proposals
- Research and identify potential funding sources
- Collaborate with team members to develop budgets and project plans
- Write and review grant proposals and reports
- Monitor project progress and ensure compliance with funder requirements
- Build relationships with funders and maintain communication
- Track and report on funding progress and outcomes
- Stay up to date on industry trends and best practices in fundraising
There will be opportunities to assist with business development activities, including developing marketing collateral and leading learning sessions. Stantec’s Safer Together philosophy means that we all contribute to our inclusion and diversity culture by prioritizing diversity and each other’s health and safety. We also demonstrate a commitment to Stantec’s code of business conduct, ethics, inclusion and diversity policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
To thrive in this innovative environment, you will meet and surpass the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, engineering, architecture, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in funding, accounting, or financial analysis
- Strong knowledge of financial principles, accounting standards, and financial reporting
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Comfort in leading client-facing interactions such as report presentations, workshop facilitation, or responding to interview questions
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 environment and facility with spreadsheet software applications
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively
Although not required, if you also bring any or all of the following capabilities, you will fit well in NAFP’s culture:
- Project management credentials such as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or coursework toward the designation
- Management consulting credentials such as the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) or coursework toward the designation
- Financial analyst credentials such as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or coursework toward the designation
- Achievement-oriented and a self-starter with proven success in securing grants, people leadership, and business development
- Have a strong understanding of Canadian federal policy, departments and branches, funding agencies, and funding programs
- Experience in responding to Requests for Proposals, Expressions of Interest, and Statements of Qualification
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro and other business systems required. Experience with additional data analysis tools is a plus
- Ability to travel as needed
This position will primarily work in an office setting, with the flexibility to work from home as commitments allow. This is a full-time, permanent position.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee, and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may change at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby, Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1604 CommDev-CA Ottawa ON
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 26, 2023, 12:40:09 PM
Req ID: 230003IH
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans