(CAN) Team Leader, Production
City : Surrey
Category : Regular/Permanent Retail Operations
Industry : Retail
Employer : Walmart Canada
Position Summary...The Position is responsible for supervising daily distribution center (DC) production including scheduling, hiring and training of DC Associates. Oversees day to day DC functions in one or more of the following areas: receiving, order filling or shipping. Prioritizes daily workflow to ensure customer requirements are met.
What you'll do...
1. Plans and schedules DC personnel to ensure proper staffing in order to receive, order fill or ship products in a productive, safe and cost-efficient manner.
2. Conducts daily start-up meetings; organizes daily assignments/workload to associates and assigns duties accordingly. Establishes or adjusts work assignments to meet daily production schedules in conjunction with the Production Support team and direction from the Production Manager to optimize efficiency, flow and throughput.
3. Trains associates in the proper execution of standard operating procedures (SOP’s). Implements and ensures they are follow and verifies the accuracy and completeness of all records/documentation activities within the work group.
4. Ensures that product is received, and orders are filled and shipped to the stores in a timely manner to maximize customer service and achieve all KPI goals.
5. Maintains time and attendance, productivity and quality records daily. Prepares and generates the daily productivity reports (TPR) or management. Monitors and reports on the key performance indicators (KPI’s)
6. Participates in the selection of operation associates; implements departmental training and job rotation activities; initiates plan to motivate associates; administers performance management (Coaching’s and accountability) including the annual review process; provides development and training in all functional areas.
7. Promotes a positive, inclusive work environment through effectively communicating and interpreting company policies for associates; coaching and counseling, responding to general inquiries, analyzing and resolving work problems in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies (i.e. open door, progressive discipline effective documentation and follow-up)
8. Maintains employment related programs and procedures, including health and safety and housekeeping programs, and cultural programs in order to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and company policy.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 18 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…19525 24th Ave, SURREY, BC V3Z 1J2, Canada