(CAN) Software Developer II
City : Mississauga
Category : Regular/Permanent Technology
Industry : Retail
Employer : Walmart Canada
Position Summary...Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures and modifies software projects and/or products or enhancements using various programming languages, technologies and development methodologies. Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements application, software and/or operating system components, software tools, and utilities; conducts performance testing. Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to guarantee availability and increase efficiency. Generates systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures. Completes technical documentation for multiple functions, including but not limited to testing, QA, training, and/or procedures for installation and maintenance.
What you'll do...
1. Writes, executes, and tests code changes to fix identified defects in existing s/w products or to add lower level/easy enhancements to new/future s/w releases.
2. Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; performing actions as designated in the action plan; and completing online documentation.
3. Reviews basic requirements and translates into technical solutions for existing systems.
4. Participates in small team projects by reviewing and understanding project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; unit testing; writing and executing test cases; communicating status and issues to appropriate team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
5. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
6. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
7. Learns straightforward design by shadowing senior engineers.
8. Monitors system dashboards; investigates customer problems referred by customer support and resolves predefined, low impact issues.
9. Continuous improvement and research on new and upcoming technologies.
Strong hands-on experience with React.js and Node.js
Experience in creating ETLs using SQL
Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively
Ability and desire to problem-solve, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada