(CAN) Senior Manager, Demand Planning
City : Mississauga
Category : Regular/Permanent Supply Chain
Industry : Retail
Employer : Walmart Canada
Position Summary...This position leads the demanding planning team within their Omni business segments. The primary focus of this position will be to improve forecast accuracy, demand volatility and ultimately customer satisfaction. Key accountabilities include being the lead for demand metrics, inventory management and availability to drive business objectives such as sales, gross profit and working capitalThis position functions as the key interface between category management, fulfillment, and merchandise planning teams requiring the ability to build strong cross functional relationships.
What you'll do...
- Key interface with Senior Category Directors/Merchandise planning to build unit forecast consensus against sales and GP objectives for their business segment.
- Leads strategy and continuous improvement in forecast accuracy, bias and inventory management to ultimately improve service to customers
- Support Demand Planning Managers to provide quantitative analysis that supports their efforts to drive forecast and volatility improvements for their respective business segments
- Collaborate with Merchandise Directors and the Sr. Fulfillment managers to ensure working capital targets are achieved
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans; developing and communicating business priorities while removing barriers that impact performance
- Collaborate with the SRM for Fulfillment to highlight key concerns with supplier performance gaps to aid in improvements to fill rate and OTIF based on forecast gap root cause analysis
- Lead and coach direct reports to improve performance and drive the talent agenda for the demand team
- Talent: Manage and Leverage Talent - Develops talent plans for own organization targeted at increasing effectiveness, building diversity, and enhancing bench strength. Manages roles, assignments, and developmental opportunities to maximize organizational performance.
- Build Relationships: Network Internally and Externally - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Promotes a team-based work environment that respects, embraces, and values diversity in others.
- Demonstrates strong supply chain acumen and demand planning concepts is preferred.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada