The role works on optimizing and innovating Walmart’s transportation structure by finding opportunities for improvement, collaborating with stakeholders to find solutions to address these opportunities and then implementing a feasible plan that delivers results.
What you'll do...
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of transportation related business goals (ie. sustainability or innovation related) by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement projects and initiatives such as alternative fuel goals and or supporting cross-functional network enhancement projects; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives and supporting efforts in these transportation related areas
- Project management of strategic / tactical planning initiatives tied to ongoing development of the transportation network (ie. new DCs or store fleet) in collaboration with Walmart Canada domestic and overseas transportation partners, supplier partners, and internal stakeholders. Develop benchmarking and best practice initiatives that sets direction for Transportation optimization objectives or network changes
- Play an integral role as in active / attentive industry attendee for the development of the technology related to renewable energy, sustainability, environmental enhancement, safety improvement, performance improvement, mobile communication among stakeholders, transportation asset tracking and transportation innovation e.g. tractor and / or trailer modification / enhancement while building and owning Walmart Canada’s transportation environmental sustainability platform.
- Oversee and implement various operational performance enhancements. Ensuring best practice transfer and corrections of errors are implemented. Develop synergies between Walmart US Transportation / Sustainability and Walmart Canada Transportation. Lead transportation innovation costing / assessment / ROI initiatives. Analyze volume from each channel and optimal mode optimization - FTL, LTL, multi drop, DSD, temp zones, rail, road, ocean; leveraging consolidation networks.
- Independently extract, analyze, and model large amounts of data using a variety of sources as well as develop tools to thoroughly replicate data to support initiatives, measure results / initiate reporting, or support business case initiatives
- Oversees transportation asset acquisition needs and practices by creating short and long term strategies; conducting domestic and international negotiations with multi-national suppliers; managing the administration of capital expenditures to ensure budgetary requirements are followed; and providing strategic direction through life cycle cost analysis of purchasing and maintenance. Oversees third party facilitation of transportation maintenance.
- Improve management of fleets through the creation and optimization of fleet operating procedures. Creation of key performance indicators and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or noncompliance and supporting the open door policy.
- Post Secondary required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years minimum experience required; working and / or consulting experience preferably in a supply chain / logistics / transportation environment
- Lean / Six Sigma practical experience
- Strong capital / project management experience
- Experience using / developing / extracting data with Alteryx / SQL based platform
- Experience and / or working knowledge developing / using Tableau reporting
- Self starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong time-management and decision making skills
- Strong ability to influence others
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada