(CAN) Manager, Planning & Continuous Improvement
City : Cornwall
Category : Regular/Permanent Finance
Industry : Retail
Employer : Walmart Canada
Position Summary...The Planning & Continuous Improvement Manager (PCIM) will report directly to Sr. Manager, Logistics Continuous Improvement and will be based out of the Cornwall, ON campus. The PCIM is responsible to initiate, lead and take execution responsibility to reduce the end-to-end enterprise cost to serve in 6 buildings in the Eastern Region. This role plays a pivotal part of ensuring the effective and efficient operation of our $500 million annual spend in logistics services by leading labour planning, measuring KPIs & tracking performance, investigating gaps, raising performance issues to senior leadership, ensuring investments in capital assets are being fully leveraged, overseeing continuous improvement initiatives, and supporting the start up of new infrastructure.
What you'll do...
1. Support DC Ops teams in running projects that assist in improving DC Labour Plan for the Region, leveraging learnings from other sites to minimize labour and optimize productivity
2. Support DC start-ups through providing engineering and project management expertise, developing functional specification documentation, overseeing profile and layout and providing training as required
3. Ensure CI initiatives are adopted and maintained through effective change management & KPI tracking
4. Support the rollout and maintenance of Performance Visibility and Engineered Labour Standards. Develop and maintain reporting tools to assist operations in identifying and addressing problem areas
5. Develop best practices and strategic solutions by leading internal and external project teams; driving collaboration with cross-functional teams and working closely with DC operations to provide business solutions; partnering with key vendors to develop business solutions; establishing project objectives; drive strategic and long-range plans to leverage utilization of existing material handling assets; and communicate with and influencing key decision-makers and executives within the organization.
6. Drive initiatives to reduce operating expenses and increase network capacity within the supply chain and enhance service by defining transformational change from concept to implementation; partner with key stakeholders to identify areas of opportunity; establishing value and priority; contribute to development of annual operating and capital budgets; develop return on investment (ROI) analysis, business case and presentations to senior management for approval
7. Models compliance with Company policies and procedures and supports mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
8. Assist in coaching & mentoring associates in their Lean Thinking journey and help drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Project Management
- Lean/6 Sigma
- MOST certified
- Bachelor of Engineering (Industrial preferred)
- Experience working in a Warehouse and/or Fulfillment Centre environment.
- Knowledgeable about Supply Chain operations (Warehouse, Transportation Fleet, Replenishment, Warehouse & Labour Management, Automation)
- Change Management
- Wrike Project / Portfolio Management System
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 18 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…2401 SCM WAY, CORNWALL, ON K6H 7S1, Canada