(CAN) Associate Manager, Communications
City : Mississauga
Category : Regular/Permanent Corporate Affairs
Industry : Retail
Employer : Walmart Canada
Position Summary...Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications, you’ll partner with divisional business units and cross-functional teams to develop, deliver and measure meaningful communications across the business that support Walmart Canada’s internal and external communications strategy.
What you'll do...
- Support business partners and Canadian leadership team members with various communications needs, including memos, announcements, speeches, social media posts and LinkedIn articles.
- Manage and distribute communications/channels (memos, newsletters, townhalls, etc.).
- Support special projects and events with coordination, project management and content creation.
- Assist with crisis management activities, as required.
- Deliver compelling internal and external communications that help build the profile of Walmart Canada and associates and strengthen the business’ reputation.
- Develop releases, media lists, pitches and content calendars and conduct media outreach.
- Build and maintain relationships with media to help generate positive coverage of the business.
- Manage and develop content for our digital channels: Workplace, LinkedIn (Walmart Canada), TV screens and computer lock screens.
- Storyboard and create video scripts for internal and external use.
- Conduct regular reviews of communications programs/channels to ensure activities deliver on objectives.
- Track metrics, develop dashboards/reports and refine programs as needed to ensure they remain effective.
- Stay active on the latest trends and best practices to identify opportunities for improvement.
Advice and Counsel
- Guide and support peers and leaders to solve communications challenges while ensuring overall consistency of strategic direction, positioning and messaging.
- Post graduate certificate or equivalent in communications, public relations, journalism or related field
- 3-5 years of experience
- Strong communication skills (writing, editing, speaking) and exceptional attention to detail
- Experience developing/executing communications plans & project managing
- Social media savvy – LinkedIn, Workplace, Instagram & new/emerging tools and platforms
- Solutions oriented, flexible, adaptive to change and ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Customer centric and responsive with high sense of urgency
- Ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders, including those at executive level
- Keen desire to learn and take on new challenges
- Self-driven, with the ability to manage multiple competing and shifting priorities
- Bilingualism an asset (not required)
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENITA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada