(CAN) Associate Finance Manager (AFM), DCM and M&R
City : MISSISSAUGA
Category : Regular/Permanent Finance
Industry : Retail
Employer : Walmart Canada
Position Summary...Optimize the financial performance and investment return of DCM and Maintenance & Repairs business units lead by Sr. Directors/VPs. Manage business performance, identify risks/opportunities and recommend corrective action to ensure financial goals are met. The position will additionally provide increased management oversight on larger finance portfolio’s and will act as key support for the senior manager and therefore be delegated more complex and/or lead multi-business unit finance projects/ processes.
What you'll do...
1. Assist in the development of annual budgets by aligning targets with lead business partner and then partnering with their organizations to set departmental targets based on market dynamics, historical performance, and any known SG&A investments.
2. Manage performance and hold the business teams accountable to the delivery of P&L results through the cadence of the monthly forecast and business review process. Proactively analyze key trends, identify risks and opportunities, and recommend plans and contingencies to support the business teams’ delivery against annual financial targets.
3. Master allocating the 3-year plans by aligning targets with lead business partner using a consistent framework. Partner with the business to develop and implement operational building blocks to deliver against the long-term goals. Influence the business on enablers required to deliver against the goals and proactively partner on identifying alternatives based on known risks or gaps.
4. Create and distribute and present standard management reports that provide clear and synthesized understanding of financial performance. Prepare and present adhoc analytics in support of functional and strategic projects
5. Identify opportunities to improve process and systems and implement standardized solutions across area of responsibility and other areas within finance which includes supply chain, merchandise etc.
6. Support allocated smart spend packages and package owners with reporting vs targets and analytics
7. Support on-boarding of new finance, buying and Finance Development Program associates.
- Minimum Education Required Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience Required 3 - 5 years
- MBA or CMA/CA/CGA/CFA/CPA designation an asset
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada