Cafeteria Assistant – On-Call
City : St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
Category : Cafeteria
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
If you are passionate about providing a positive customer experience and enjoy working as part of a team, we welcome your application!
*Please note that this position is on-call for day shift and afternoon shift, with no guaranteed hours.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with serving meals as quickly as possible, refilling steamers and condiment containers as needed.
- Assist with handling cash during breaks and meals.
- Assist with maintaining the cafeteria and kitchen with regards to established standards in terms of cleanliness, the condition of equipment and furnishings, and food quality.
- Assist with the preparation of food.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in food preparation and basic knowledge of cafeteria functions.
- Must have or be willing to obtain Food Handler Certification.
- Familiar with proper sanitary practices regarding kitchen maintenance and handling of food.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting.
- Willing to work additional hours as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.