City : London
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
CAD Technician - ( 230000Z2 )
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
We have a great opportunity for a Geomatics CAD Technician within the Survey/Geomatics Practice area. The successful candidate will take on a leadership role in completing various types of surveys using AutoCAD Civil 3D and Trimble Business Center. Your effort will be recognized through continued professional development, broad and challenging work experiences and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Import and process field data and provide calculations to field staff
- Preparation of Legal Subdivision plans based on the different municipalities zoning and planning requirements
- Preparation of Utility Rights of Way plans based on Engineering requirements
- Calculating boundary and intersections from field surveys
- Completing general mapping and drafting duties including CAD and ArcGIS mapping
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience and proficiency using AutoCAD Civil 3D and Trimble Business Centre
- An understanding of the Land Titles system and Land Surveying principles
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Adaptability to new technology and software
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills and a strong sense of professionalism when interacting with field crews, drafting staff, supervisors and Ontario Land surveyors
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years’ experience drafting legal and topographic survey plans and a proven ability to manage tasks and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Experience with terrestrial/aerial Lidar Scan processing, GIS, and Aerial imagery processing
- Experience with preparation of plans for the Oil and Gas industry
- Field experience in Land Surveying
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1614 CommDev-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 28, 2023, 7:50:48 AM
Req ID: 230000Z2
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans