CAD/BIM Team Lead
City : London
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
CAD/BIM Team Lead - ( 2300052G )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Stantec is a dynamic, people-centered environment that has been recognized by Forbes as one of the world’s best employers. Our team of brilliant specialists have helped the Water group to thrive in meeting the water supply and treatment needs for our clients in Mining, Pulp & Paper, Food & Beverage, Power, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, and the Public Sector is seeking a Process CAD Technologist.
Our team regularly collaborates on projects across North America. The successful candidate should be comfortable working and collaborating on a variety of different projects with team members across North America.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player that is excited about taking on a new challenge. While the successful candidate will be based in one of our Ontario offices; London, Hamilton, Windsor or Waterloo we do offer flexible hybrid work from home/office arrangements.
Your Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Water Group CAD North American Discipline Lead, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing and supervising the CAD/BIM staff in the Atlantic Canada Region.
- Coordinate with other TL’s, Project Managers and North American Discipline Lead to manage your team’s weekly workload.
- Participate in staff selection, training, evaluations, and performance management.
- Participate in staff’s business goals and career development discussions.
- Work under minimal supervision and work closely with the Business Centre Leadership Team to manage multiple water-related projects.
- Perform on technically complex projects and acts as a technical resource by guiding staff.
- Collaborate with PMs and Discipline Leaders to promote work-sharing and import and export personnel as required to deliver projects throughout the business successfully.
- Assign, review and evaluate work for technical accuracy and completeness; and advise on technical problems.
- Create Civil 3D surface, road, and utility models.
- Coordinate project drawings with project managers, technical staff, and others.
- Completing model reviews and collaborating with other technical disciplines.
- Ensuring that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Understanding and adhering to Stantec and client standards.
- Organizing and maintaining a design and CAD digital file database for each project.
- Maintain project CAD standards relating to Civil 3D.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong communication skills, along with excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities and a willingness to work in a team atmosphere.
- Highly organized, have significant attention to detail, are able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Word, and Excel.
- Experience in following considered an asset:
+ Civil 3D
+ Bentley InRoads/OpenRoads
+ Autodesk BIM 360 and ProjectWise
+ Microsoft Teams
Education and Experience
- A Civil Technologist Diploma or equivalent technology diploma/experience.
- Experience and familiarity with municipal, urban development and water resources disciplines and/or an education background in these areas.
- 10 years of related experience, and a comprehensive knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
Typical office environment, working with computers and drawings for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to hazards including construction, weather, and industrial operations that may be experienced at water and/or wastewater related facilities.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Windsor, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1269 Water-CA Delivery
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 20, 2023, 10:52:27 AM
Req ID: 2300052G
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans