Job Title: Buyer - Store Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment
Department: Store Planning, Design and Property
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Your role, as part of the Procurement Team within the Brand Environments Department, will be to coordinate activities related to the purchasing, inventory management and delivery of store fixtures, furniture & equipment. Reporting to the Procurement Manager you will work closely with internal departments as well as with international suppliers, franchise partners and at times general contractors. Your tasks will range from the purchasing of fixtures, fixture delivery schedule coordination with partners and inventory planning & management.
- Process & track store fixture requisitions & deliveries.
- Communicate costs and supply/delivery strategies to key stakeholders.
- Manage multiple project/order coordination schedules.
- Place purchase orders and production orders with suppliers.
- Inventory management inclusive of analyzing, scheduling, recommending and executing inventory replenishment orders to ensure fixture availability on time and on budget.
- Coordinate shortages and special requirements with the Aldo project leader
- In some cases coordinate deliveries and install of fixtures.
- Support construction site problems as related to the delivery of furniture & fixtures.
- Work with the Aldo Supply Chain team to provide options and troubleshoot problems as related to store fixture shipments.
- Address, resolve and log issues such as deficiencies, short-ship and damages.
- Manage orders, project data and schedules in the company’s order management systems (ie SAP, PeopleSoft, Power Steering etc)
- Cegep degree in architecture, facilities management, industrial design, project management and/or Procurement.
- 3 years of experience in the domain of procurement, furniture manufacturing, facilities management or retail construction/project management/maintenance.
- General skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, take initiative on problems and being well organized.
- The ability to read architectural and technical drawings is an asset.
- Customer service focused with strong communication & team skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Excel, PeopleSoft, SAP, MS Project (or similar) are an asset.
- Bilingual, with good English speaking & writing skills
WE’RE LOOKING, ARE YOU?
Curious to find out what it means to be part of a great global team? Let’s connect. Discover what it’s like to work for a fast-paced, creative and inclusive company.
Want more? We encourage our people to reach their full potential by offering exciting opportunities and great incentives for growth. After all, our company’s magic stems directly from the talent and drive of our people. The possibilities are endless.