Buyer, Mushroom & Seasonal Veg
City : Cambridge, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Merchandising
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experience, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. From our office in Downtown Toronto, we’ve created leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started.
Why is this role important?
As a Buyer, you’ll join Loblaw’s Business Enablement & Enterprise Procurement (BEEP) Team, a group of outstanding procurement professions accountable for purchasing goods for our retail divisions which represent more than 3,000 stores from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
Reporting to our Director, Procurement, you’ll participate in every aspect of category procurement including domestic and offshore sourcing, vendor relationship and performance management, RFPs, costing, supply risk management, quality management, vendor onboarding and much more. You’ll also work with the Director to provide rich insights on cost inflation supply forecasting, commodity management, competitive landscape analytics and global product innovation.
What You’ll Do:
- Source and complete weekly and seasonal product buys for baseline and promotional volume.
- Influence and implement buying strategies that align to category playbooks and deliver on our annual budget obligations.
- Build positive relationships with the vendor community and our external partners.
- Lead and assist the Director with vendor meetings and product costing conversations. Play an active role in measuring vendors’ fulfilment and financial performance.
- Evaluate new product and/or platform innovation and work with our Loblaw Brands team and retail divisions on product innovation and program sourcing for our private labels.
- Collaborate with our supply chain replenishment and transport teams to resolve product availability challenges and/or fulfilment obstacles.
- Research the competitive landscape of the category and understand industry benchmarking standards on costing, global sourcing strategies, product quality specifications etc.
- Proudly represent your category within the BEEP Team.
What You’ll Need:
- A curious mentality and positive, self-motivated demeanor.
- Post-secondary education in business or supply management; or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years in a dedicated procurement, supply chain or retail merchandising role.
- Confident, with an ability to prioritize many projects at the same time and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Analytical approach and experience using data to make decisions.
- Financial, business and retail knowledge.
- Strong relationship-management skills and a winsome communication style.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce.
If you have big ideas, undeniable enthusiasm, and thrive in a collaborative, creative, and diverse group, we’ll get along just fine.
Looking for a challenge? Good. Love an innovative work environment? Even better.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.