City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Buyer/Expeditor - ( 22000180 )
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there’s no end to the scope and significance of your work — and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we’re problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you’ll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that’s critical to our clients and our communities. The Energy industry is changing — and we’re helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that’s working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
We are currently seeking a Buyer/Expeditor to join our Procurement team. This will be a diversified procurement position within Stantec that requires day to day interaction with internal and external clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Internal and External Client communication.
- Adhere to client and Stantec procurement procedures and standards.
- Day to day Procurement activities.
- Assist with weekly reporting.
- Create and maintain material management and tracking.
- Maintaining schedule and milestones for procurement deliverables and update the Procurement report for client.
- Execute Procurement Cycle: vendor selection, prepare and issue request for quotations, vendor bid evaluations and selection, purchase orders, expediting, logistics.
- Creating various procurement documents
- Expediting supplier / contractors for materials and technical documentation.
- Run various expediting reports and analyze data with strong attention to details.
- Coordinate site inspections as required.
- Receiving or obtaining receiving reports from site.
- Invoice management and attestation.
- Historical tracking and archiving of Labour/Equipment/Materials purchases for internal future project reference.
- Other general project support tasks to complete work, including customer specific requirements.
- Ensure codes and standards (both legislated and customer-specific) are being met.
- Filing as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively, written, spoken and interpersonal.
- Strong ability to organize and plan, computer literacy, and time management.
- Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Strong Skills in Procurement fundamentals: buying and expediting.
- Sound understanding of procurement practices and policies.
- Ability to multitask, in both capacities of handling multiple clients/jobs/projects.
- Must be a self starter and motivated working under minimal supervision.
- Must be growth orientated (both personal, and company growth focused).
- Should be willing to receive direction.
- Should approach things in a positive manner and be a team player.
Education and Experience3 years of experience in Procurement, preferably in the EPC or EPCM environment. PMAC Certification, Expediting Management Association Basic & Advanced Training Certification or in pursuit of certification is considered an asset.
Post secondary diploma or degree in Business or equivalent experience.
Typical office environment working with computers; Stantec offers a flexible work environment (a hybrid model of working in the office and at home).
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Job : Purchasing Generalist
Organization : BC-1109 Energy-CA Alberta South
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 25, 2022, 2:04:34 PM
Req ID: 22000180
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans