Buyer (2 vacancies)
City : Calgary, AB
Category : Full Time Supply Chain
Industry : Mining and Quarrying
Employer : Sherritt
Headquartered in Toronto, Sherritt is a world leader in using hydrometallurgical processes to mine and refine nickel and cobalt – metals essential for an electric future. Its Technologies Group creates innovative, proprietary solutions for natural resource- based industries around the world to improve environmental performance and increase economic value.
Sherritt has embarked on a multi-pronged growth strategy focused on expanding nickel and cobalt production by up to 20% from 2021 and extending the life of mine at Moa beyond 2040. The Corporation is also the largest independent energy producer in Cuba. Sherritt’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “S”.
The Intermediate Buyer position is accountable to source and procure goods and services for Sherritt’s Moa (Cuba) based operations & Oil &Gas / Power business units in Cuba.
This is a full time permanent position based out of our Calgary office.
- Conduct sourcing and purchasing activities for goods and services in compliance with the approved purchasing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the Purchase Order or Contract life cycle process, including preparation of RFx documentation, commercial evaluation of offers, negotiations and execution of all commercial documents.
- Under guidance, prepare and negotiate Supply of Goods and Supply of Services agreements as required.
- Ongoing contract management for any executed contracts.
- Participate in, and encourage, the development of cross-functional teams for effective and timely problem resolution.
- Effectively manage Supplier performance and conduct Supplier Relationship Management activities to improve quality and delivery performance.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure needs are met, and best determine the goods and services required to support operations.
- Participate in vendor sourcing, supplier prequalification, and new vendor onboarding.
- Timely resolution of discrepancies related to quality, quantity or price with suppliers, accounting and other departments as required.
- Provide support in data analysis, invoice audit, and spend analytics
- Ensure all commercial documents and activities comply with current regulatory, legal and Sherritt policy requirements.
- Meet the requirement for ad hoc information in order to sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders; including JV partners, suppliers of goods & services, other commercial entities, government agencies, and customers.
- Working cross-functionally, analyze class spend and identify Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) opportunities.
- Provide timely, accurate and updated information to internal stakeholders and external customers regarding the status of any outstanding orders.
- Identify and recommend improvements to procedures to optimize the OGP purchasing departments performance by following good or best practices, improving key performance indicators (KPIs) for the department.
- Oversee and support the expediting process of good/services to ensure critical delivery times to internal customers are met.
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-Secondary degree and/or professional designation in Supply Chain Management or similar discipline, or at least 5 years’ experience in lieu
- Minimum of 3 years of purchasing experience in Oil & Gas / Power Generation Industry.
- Knowledge in Supply Chain Management, and/or strategic sourcing
- Working knowledge of contract law and contracting best practices
- Solid knowledge of procurement markets, conditions and processes.
- Bilingual English – Spanish knowledge an asset
- Written and verbal communications skills.
- Advanced computer skills related to Microsoft Office.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize
- Report writing skills
What Sherritt Can Offer You
- Competitive wage with comprehensive benefits and retirement savings programs that holistically support employee wellbeing
- Generous paid time off to support and empower employee work/life balance
- Ongoing learning and professional development opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and dynamic work environment
Application Deadline : The job posting will remain open until qualified candidates are selected.
We thank all candidates for their application. Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly and engaged in the interview process.