Business Transformation Consultant – Insurance
City : Toronto
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting helps our clients solve their most complex business and technical issues. The Canadian Insurance industry is evolving and innovating so they can service their customers and stakeholders better. IBM Consulting is at the forefront of helping our Insurance clients transform their business.
As a Business Transformation Consultant, you will be at the centre of these transformations, specifically, you will:
- Apply your Domain knowledge on Property & Casualty Insurance to understand and analyze the business needs of the customer
- Develop functional specifications in the form of User Stories, process flows, use cases and data mappings
- Lead requirement elicitation workshops, writing user stories, UI mock up, product model workflow process, forms, rating
- Bridge business needs to technology solutions
- Leverage experience with software development lifecycle and Agile
- Bring an entrepreneurial spirit
- Work as a key member of an engagement team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3 years of Guidewire experience with core modules (i.e., Policy Center, Billing Center, Claim Center) and supporting modules (e.g., Digital)
- Certified as a Guidewire Business Analyst (minimum: Associate certification)
- Experience working with the property and casualty insurance industry
- Experience in insurance operations and the insurance industry value chain
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Consulting industry experience
- Property and Casualty Insurance Carrier experience
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
About Business UnitIBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.