Business Systems Specialist (Hybrid)
City : Calgary, AB, CA, T2C 4X9
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
- Req ID: 98444
- Department: Finance & Accounting
- Job Type: Full Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 2
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 10/22/2022
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Applications, as the Specialist Business Systems – SAP Finance Solutions, you will gather requirements, analyze, estimate, prioritize, design, build, test, implement and maintain the required functionality within the respective SAP modules in support of business processes and procedures.
- Responsible to provide sustainment and project activities to deliver CP foundations primarily in area of SAP Finance
- Develop an understanding to maintain and support existing CP SAP Finance applications through tickets/incident management in accordance to the SLA
- Design, implement and optimize sustainable solutions or enhancements through SAP configurations and development activities based on best business practices in alignment to CP IS architectural standards.
- Support the development of the test strategy and test plans. Ensure traceability of requirements back to business need as well as through to solution and testing. Validate the solution meets the business need and verify it conforms to specifications.
- Maintain and grow good working relationship with the CP finance teams
- Coordinate with diverse groups to conduct blueprinting, requirement analysis, impact assessment, product demonstration and training workshops
- Collaborate with other IS technical, PMO, Change Management, architecture and business teams to deliver projects and operational activities
- Capture and document non-functional requirements that are important to the user community (i.e. usability, learnability, reliability). Liaise with architecture to ensure other non-functional requirements are considered (i.e. security, compatibility, maintainability);
- Promote and foster collaboration and knowledge sharing between teams
- Participate in the On-Call support rotation for SAP production environment
- Post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field;
- Minimum of 7 years related experience, including systems/applications development and support, business systems analysis, systems project management, of which 3+ years’ experience is directly related to implementation and support of SAP Enterprise systems, specifically the FI module in the areas of Treasury, FI General Accounting, Taxation, AP, PS and/or RE-FX;
- SAP FI configuration experience;
- SAP project and application support experience;
- Ability to trouble shoot issues, identify potential solutions, communicate with the business client and following through to ensure system changes are implemented successfully;
- Knowledge of New GL, Consolidations and Regulatory Reporting;
- Knowledge and experience in SAP S/4HANA is an asset
- Extensive and hands-on configuration and support experience with SAP core FI modules and processes in SAP Treasury, FI General Accounting, Taxation, , AP, PS and/or RE-FX and integration points with HR, PM and MM;
- Knowledge of SAP product module/suite business processes, navigation mechanics, and configuration requirements and integration with other modules and SAP's Business Intelligence;
- Ability to develop and maintain the configuration and functional design documents and support role based profile changes;
- Deep understanding of the project governance and solution delivery process and/or of the ASAP/AGILE solution delivery roadmap;
- Knowledge of the SAP Change Management/ Solution Manager (CHARM);
- Perform all tasks in the development cycle, starting from business process definition, configuration and unit testing, assistance and follow-up with user testing, co-ordination of transports to Production, training and post-live support and fixes;
- Conduct current-state and future-state workshops;
- Capture requirements, convert into best practice design and then build;
- Completed certificate of Business Analysis from an IIBA endorsed education service provider;
- Railway business experience is a definite asset.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and remains calm under pressure; expresses confidences in ability to succeed; keeps an optimistic attitude
- Possess analytical and growth mindset with a commitment to lifelong learning, curious and able to analyze information, trends and solve complex problems
- Ability to drive for results
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Flexible team player who prospers in a fast paced work environment
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Flexible work environment
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").