Business Systems Consultant – Marketing Technology Stack
City : North York
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
For a journey this exciting and complex, we’re looking for a personable Digital Business Systems Consultant to join our team. The successful candidate will be working within our Global Marketing Stack of Technologies to support our public websites that leverage various marketing based technologies within our Sun Life ecosystem to innovate and manage our global digital experience for our clients.
We operate in a world where time-to-market and evolving business priorities drive our plans. The awesome person who fills this role will need to be resilient, versatile, and equally effective in adapting to change as they are in following a process. Initiatives will be delivered through waterfall, agile, and hybrid delivery methods.
What will you do?
- Partner with business and other stakeholders, vendors, application development and testing teams to ensure quality solutions that meet the needs and expectations of our business partners and clients.
- Understand the technical and operational challenges and objectives that may impact the rollout of an application/process. Use that to drive discussions about solutions and risk mitigation.
- Establish and maintain trusted advisory roles with clients by gathering and analyzing information to provide recommendations that address and resolve business issues.
- Promote learning across the team and contribute to the continuous improvement of practice initiatives.
- Stay current with trends in emerging technologies and how they could apply to Sun Life Financial
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of experience as a business systems analyst working on web and/or mobile initiatives
- Ability to think critically about issues, evaluate problems and question assumptions
- Ability to work with others in a team setting, demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to change
- Advocate for solutions and changes that improve the client’s experience
- Take ownership of the BSA process
- Ability to self-organize and plan work and manage time effectively
- Ability to make good use of information from many mediums, as well as summarize and document information for team or business consumption
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, take responsibility for professional growth
- A technical aptitude and curiosity in Digital Technology
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Nice to have skills
- Experience in Content Management Solutions (preferably Adobe Experience Manager)
- Experience with marketing technologies such as search, web analytics, SEO
- Business Analysis professional certification (e.g., IIBA).
What's In It For You?
- Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the US - 2022
- Great Place to Work® award for Best Workplaces for #HybridWork - 2022
- Named “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor - 2021
- Canada Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work - 2021
- Flex hours and Flexible hybrid work model including in-country work-from-home if you prefer. #LI-Hybrid
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- A friendly, collaborative, and inclusive culture
- Be part of our continuous improvement journey in developing the next greatest digital enterprise experience.
- Work and professional development that is united by our Purpose: to help Clients and Employees achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives
- A common sense dress code, where you decide how you dress based on your day
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:80,000/80 000 - 130,400/130 400
Job Category:Business Analysis - Systems
Posting End Date:30/03/2023