Business Systems Analyst, Scotiabank
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Computer Programmer
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 191716
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
***This is a 1 year full-time contract opportunity***
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a top Digital team for one of the top 5 Canadian Bank. You will have a unique chance to help one of the fastest-growing business units become a leader. You will help scale, enable, and drive online & mobile development excellence as our team continues to deliver innovative solutions to Scotia customers.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Be the bridge between multiple parties including: our business, control functions, technology partners and our engineering teams, responsible for delivering exciting products in the Digital Banking Unit
- Help scale, enable, and drive online & mobile development excellence as our team continues to deliver innovative solutions to Scotia customers
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
- Supports one or more highly complex business processes
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Experience as a Business Systems Analyst – need strong experience with requirement gathering and documentation creation.
- Agile Scrum experience – demonstrated understanding of Agile concepts, agile estimations and ceremonies.
- Hands on experience with architectural diagrams
- Experience with microapps and Microservices architecture
- Financial software development organization experience.
- Experience facilitating onboarding processes.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail.
- Able to simplify complex situations and navigate ambiguity.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Post-secondary – ideally in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field.
- Agile certification an asset.
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.