Business Systems Analyst, Capital Markets Technology – Toronto – Hybrid
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : IT Business Analysts
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174729
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank’s Information Technology and Solutions provides global technology solutions support to each of our core businesses - Domestic Banking, International Banking, Global Banking & Markets and Global Wealth & Insurance. Our technology-based solutions enable Scotiabank to achieve sustained profitable growth and a competitive advantage.
The Regulatory, Compliance and Data Systems Engineering Technology team is an integral part of Global Technology Applications (GTA) team.
We are made up of high performing, energetic, results-oriented, and collaborative individuals who thrive in our dynamic and agile environment to deliver the best solutions to meet the needs of our customers.
We are looking for a Business Analyst Specialist to help move forward our strategy and vision.
This is a key position in the Global Technology Applications (GTA) team, responsible for supporting and delivering system solutions for Front Office, Middle Office, and Regulatory Reporting.
- Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to developers through detailed documentation.
- Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities.
- Supports one or more highly complex business processes.
- End to End communication across source systems and end users for upcoming changes and ensuring everyone is aware and on the same page.
- 7 + years’ experience as a Business Analyst managing Applications on the technology end and well versed with end to end of Technology projects.
- 5 + years’ experience within the Capital Markets Industry.
- Strong communication skills to clearly articulate business requirements to technical teams
- Strong SQL skills to query data and articulate the data flow.
- Bachelor's degree in fields of Finance, Computer science or Computer engineering.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.