Business System Analyst, Prime Services
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 180182
Salary Range: 82,400.00 - 153,000.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank is currently seeking a Business System Analyst to join our growing team! We are seeking a Business Analyst with development background on Locates (short-selling pre-trade approval request) processing team in PACE group with good communication skills. The role requires understanding of Capital Markets with the ability to work within a team of Business Analysts and Developers and work closely with business users and vendor for deliverables. If you are looking to join a passionate and dynamic team, apply today!
Is this role right for you? You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with business stakeholders in the Prime Services business (Hedge Fund Sales Desk) in understanding business requirements and work closely with vendor for deliverables.
- Analyzing and document business and functional requirements as per business needs.
- Must be able to test and analyze data as part of data testing using various tools such as Microsoft Excel, SQL tools etc.
- Analyzing and understand the deliverables as per business needs and work on the allocated tasks based on priority.
- Working closely with QA for testing vendor deliverables
- Working closely within the BA/Dev team and QA team as part of system testing.
- The role will provide this person with extensive opportunity to interact directly with securities lending sales-traders in Toronto, NYC, and London and will provide them with unique insight into how hedge funds & prime brokers operate
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
- BA / Dev with 5 -7 years of experience in financial industry (capital markets)
- Experience with order management /order processing systems a strong plus
- Knowledge of Prime Brokerage or Securities Lending a must
- Must have knowledge of using SQL on databases such as Oracle, Sybase etc.
- Must be familiar with Unix scripting
- Understanding of Software design and software development lifecycle
- Must have experience in gathering and documenting business requirements, functional requirements, gap analysis
- Experience in testing and analyzing data as part of data analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio a plus
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate with key business and technology stakeholders on a daily basis
- Bachelor of Science degree
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.