Business Solutions Support Specialist, Capital Markets Technology, Hybrid
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H4A6
Category : IT Business Analysts
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 176593
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The incumbent will be working in close collaboration with Global Banking Markets Compliance business partners and a diverse set of stakeholders to provide ongoing technology support of the Compliance Transformation Employee & Issuer Conflicts Management Programs.
- Perform system analysis includes understanding of business objectives, planning, eliciting, scoping, analyzing, documenting, prioritization, managing changes, maintaining traceability, managing backlogs, stakeholder analysis and effort estimation.
- Collaborate closely with technology stakeholders, compliance stakeholders, Scotiabank’s control functions, vendor, and other groups to drive the success of the project and the stability of the application.
- Build and maintain a repository of reusable requirements documentation to support future initiatives, following the Bank's standards.
- Hands-on work with users to understand complex Compliance Conflicts Management requirements – big and small – and to define high level and detailed requirements, and to plan and execute completion and deployment of those requirements with development teams.
- Provide on-going support and ad-hoc inquiries from Global Banking Markets Compliance stakeholders on the applicable applications.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
Education and Experience
- Must have 5+ years of technical experience in supporting applications using technologies such as Java, Python, Nifi, SQL, JSON and other scripting languages
- A recognize undergraduate degree or diploma in computer science or related work experience
- Ability to understand and translate the technical aspect of the application to non-technical partners or peers
- Main responsibilities include but not limited to providing implementation and on-going support on the technology solution used by Global Compliance Control Room in Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Singapore and LATNAM countries.
- Shift work is required to support users outside of North America business hours for FundApp and MCO application.
- One third party application with 10+ integrations/feeds
- Needs to support approximately 6,000 to 15,000 users
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.