Business Services Analyst
City : North York
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
About the role:
Technology Currency Business Analyst will be an active member of the agile delivery team, with the primary focus on the management of technology currency policy exceptions, and technology currency reporting.
What will you do?
- Triage and analysis of artefacts gathered from application/technology owners regarding technology lifecycle, compensating controls and remediation plans (in relation to management /remediation of end-of-life technologies)
- Manage technology currency exceptions through the established Sun Life processes, including reporting to executives.
- Close collaboration with technical leads/enterprise architects from all SunLife markets
- Liaison with Information Security and Vulnerability Management teams in management of the
- Liaison with Governance and Risk & Compliance group for establishing/improvements of the asset management governance processes
- Playing a key role in aligning stakeholders on the currency strategy and delivery roadmap, communicating with, and actively engaging additional stakeholders when required
- Supporting the communicates, tracks, monitors, of internal & external EOL/EOS audit findings
- Aggregation of key risk indicators (KRI) metrics and share with relevant stakeholders
- Identify and manage issues and themes that cross multiple geographic regions and/or product groups and oversee the resolution of currency
- Work with IT Teams to ensure alignment to strategy for software and hardware assets.
- Support for the technology currency position reporting.
- Create and maintain technical requirements, issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, currency summaries and updates.
- Compile technical documentation, application architecture, data and logical diagrams related to currency.
- Lead or participate in multiple initiatives by completing and updating currency documentation.
- Keep existing documentation and policies updated and look for opportunities for continuous improvements.
What you need to succeed:
- University degree, preferably with a systems background or technology
- 5+ years experience as a BSA or Technical Analyst
- Experience working within Agile methodologies.
- Working experience with application, middleware and infrastructure technology, and cloud platforms.
- Working experience with technology lifecycles, technology currency and ability to identify business system currency EOL/EOS challenges.
- Experience with compliance and regulatory reporting.
- Experience with developing reporting documents as directed.
- Strong knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Experience with ServiceNow tool.
- License management experience is a plus
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal & written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational skills and managing the impacts of competing deadlines and priorities
- Knowledge in Insurance business, process, and systems and a proven track record of establishing and managing relationship building.
- "Thinking out of the box" and increasing the value-add proposition of an organization.
What’s in it for you:
- Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the US - 2022
- Great Place to Work® award for Best Workplaces for #HybridWork
- 2022 Named “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor - 2021
- Canada Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work
- 2021 Flexible hybrid work model including in-country work-from-home if you prefer.
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:56,300/56 300 - 92,900/92 900
Job Category:IT - Technology Services
Posting End Date:02/10/2022