Business Process Engineer
City : Surrey
Category : Regular/Permanent Finance
Industry : Retail
Employer : Walmart Canada
Position Summary...The Business Process Engineer will report directly to Manager – Logistics Engineering and will be based in Surrey, BC. The BPE will support the commissioning / ramp up / stabilization of all site automation, ensuring that the expected performance KPIs are met consistently. This role plays a pivotal part to ensure the effective and efficient operation of our $500 million annual spend in logistics services, by acting as a key liaison to all site automation vendors and key support to site GM. The role will also support labor planning, measure KPIs & track performance, raise performance issues to senior leadership, ensure investments in capital assets are being fully leveraged, oversee continuous improvement initiatives and support the start up of new infrastructure.
What you'll do...
1.Function as the Process Readiness workstream owner for Temperature Controlled Distribution Center. Lead the commissioning / ramp up / stabilization of all site automation, ensuring that the expected performance KPIs and contractual obligations are met consistently for a newly installed PDC. Act as a liaison between the site automation vendors and Walmart, and provide support to the site GM. Collaborate closely with automation vendors management and engineering teams. Work with Walmart Information Technology GLS Architects to become WMS and automation software super-user.
2.Monitor systems to ensure they are operating at peak / optimal performance and throughput capacity; identify bottle necks and issues as required. Perform / assist with system testing and integration activities and support DC Ops teams through providing engineering and project management expertise, developing functional specification documentation (SOPs), overseeing profile and layout and providing training as required.
3.Focus on process variation & optimization; drive initiatives to reduce operating expenses, increase network capacity within the supply chain and enhance service by defining transformational change from concept to implementation; partner with key stakeholders to identify areas of opportunity; establishing value and priority; contribute to development of annual operating and capital budgets; develop return on investment (ROI) analysis and presentations to senior management for approval.
4.Develop best practices and strategic solutions by leading internal and external project teams; driving collaboration with cross-functional teams and working closely with DC operations and automation vendor to provide business solutions; partnering with key vendors to develop business solutions; establishing project objectives; drive strategic and long-range plans to leverage utilization of existing material handling assets; and communicate with and influencing key decision-makers and executives within the organization.
5.Identify & lead / support DC Ops teams with projects that assist in improving DC Labor Plan for the site, leveraging learnings from other sites, nationally, to minimize labor and optimize productivity.
6.Support the rollout and maintenance of Performance Visibility and Engineered Labor Standards. Develop and maintain reporting tools to assist operations in identifying and addressing problem areas.
7.Assist in driving a culture of continuous improvement (e.g. Lean Thinking, conduct waste walks, root cause analysis) identify opportunities for improvement, partner up with management to bring operational change.
8.Compliance with Company policies and procedures and support mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
• Experience with Automation, Mechatronics, Robotics engineering (preferred)
• Experience with Fulfillment Centers, Food Distribution, Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing (preferred)
• Professional Engineering License (preferred)
• Knowledge of Controls & PLC architectures is an asset
• Consulting & Project Management experience is an asset
• Lean Six Sigma certification is an asset
• Analyze fulfillment solutions and material handling processes and recommend optimal strategies to maximize efficiencies.
• Experience with continuous improvement techniques, including the use of mathematical models to improve warehouse flow and optimize fulfillment processes.
• Ability to analyze workflow and process flow diagrams and interpret process dependencies to improve overall warehouse operational throughput.
• Well versed with MS Office suite of products, Visio, AutoCAD, and data analysis software
• Ability to perform data analysis on catalog data (foundation of excel skills, moderate to advanced including vlookup, merge data sheets etc.)
• Strong influencing skills through many channels of communication
• A problem solver who can devise a solution and lead a team to execute on it
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 18 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…19525 24th Ave, SURREY, BC V3Z 1J2, Canada