Business Performance Manager
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Business Support
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
In the Customer Support Centre of Excellence (CoE), we aim to provide PC Financial, PC Optimum, Loblaw Digital, Loblaw Retail, and SDM Retail customers an effortless experience in the moments that matter. We leverage technology, automation, and delivery optimization to improve customer and colleague experiences. We collaborate with technology and products teams to create synergy and deliver value. We are nimble, agile and collaborative solving complex problems at pace. We run as one team, value diversity and dig deep to always know more.
Why This Role Is Important:
As a Business Performance Manager (BPM) for Loblaw Digital; Shoppers Drug Mart (SDMO) and Pharmacy (Rx), you will be responsible for the Portfolio Management. This includes you as the liaison between the CoE and the Product/Business team acting a general manager to ensure customers are provided with an effortless experience.
What you’ll do:
- Lead Period Business Reviews (PBR) to internal CoE and Product Stakeholders.
- Ensure completion of all action items identified within PBR’s
- Manage the overall timeline of the change management components, identifying cross-functional dependencies, key milestones, and critical paths, and ensuring that the overall schedule remains aligned with business objectives
- Be aware of daily Service Level performance and manage exceptions/outliers, drivers.
- Identify gaps, improvement opportunities and potential impacts to drive performance.
- Determine financial implications and identify opportunities to reduce operational expenses.
- Define and align on priorities with team and stakeholders to ensure timely delivery.
- Review and approve periodical vendor invoices – requires in-depth understanding of vendor contracts; support reporting team by leading discussions with vendors related to invoicing, penalties, other costs.
- Design processes that deliver high quality customer service.
- Assist in the delivery of reporting and line of business results analysis for Senior Management.
- Engage in QA reviews to understand agent behaviours, concerns and recommend/execute enhancements focused on people/process/technology.
- Engage in case escalations to provide required support, such as engagement of business partners to address and resolve customer issues.
- Support COE team and vendors as required – clarity related to existing process, helping navigate and addressing concerns.
- From time to time participate in (internal and vendor) planning/forecasting while highlighting impacts to volume and discussing resource requirements.
- Manage delivery of ad-hoc reports related to performance/impact.
What you bring:
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience.
- Experience within eCommerce and contact centre operations is preferred
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Familiar with Salesforce (Marketing/Service Cloud) platforms.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently within a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, balance conflicting tasks and manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience dealing with external customers, managing communications and facilitating meetings/conference calls.
- Ability to identify, diagnose and quickly mediate problems and issues that arise in projects, teams and activities.
- Strong communications skills and ability to influence and engage cross-functional teams.
- Excellent focus and understanding of key business results, their impact and ensure the delivery of those results.
- Ability to conduct comprehensive risk assessments and ensuring the change management process mitigates risk, fulfills business objectives, and aligns with business strategies.
- Capable of providing direction and expertise for planning critical changes across multiple environments and platforms.
- Energy to managing complex internal/vendor/partner changes with an emphasis on minimizing financial and reputational impact for the organization.
- To effectively communicate with CoE stakeholders to ensure they are aware of up-coming campaigns and initiatives that are relevant to them.
- Passionate about problem solving, with a strong attention to detail are key skills in this role
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.